Don’t be fooled. This is not a “bucket list”. I am not working my way through a list of things I want to do before I die. Instead, it serves as a reminder to live intentionally, every day. I want to live with passion. Fiercely. I want to experience everything this world has to offer. I want to live.
- Go on an African Safari — a real one, no zoo! I want the guides to be carrying real guns on the off chance that we get chased by a lion or rhino or really angry zebra!
- Attend a taping of Jeopardy! and meet Alex Trebek
- Walk the red carpet at a celebrity event
- Swim with dolphins (March 2004 // May 2012)
- Visit Alaska in the winter and watch the Northern Lights!
- Write and publish a book
- Go zip lining in Costa Rica
- Learn to ride a unicycle
Get tested and put on the national database to donate bone marrow Learn to sail(August 2011)
- Skydive (October 2009)
- Learn to surf
- Visit all 50 States (19 down, 31 more to go)
(Alaska, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming)
- Go white water rafting
- Spend an evening drinking ale at a small pub in Ireland
- Tour through Europe
- Hold a koala bear in Australia
- Take my kids to Disney World (December 2012)
- Take my girls to a real castle
- Learn to speak Italian
- Drive across the country with my family in an RV/camper
- Ride a cable car in San Francisco
- Take my kids to a hotel, order hot fudge sundaes from room service and eat them in bed
Learn to tap dance Launch my own business(Plain Jane Media LLC – 2010)
- Spend an entire month traveling around Michigan and taking in all the touristy spots and small towns along the way
- Learn to ski
- Fly on a trapeze
- Fly somewhere on a personal jet
Capture fire flies in a jar on a summer night(Summer 2011)
- Become debt free
- Become ‘fluent’ in Sign Language
- Ride in a gondola in Italy
- Learn to knit/crochet
- Eat a hotdog from a street vendor in New York City
- Go hot air ballooning
- Photograph 1000 married couples
Deliver flowers for a day.(April 2012)
- Go to the Kentucky Derby wearing a big floppy hat and sundress
- Sleep in a treehouse
- Learn to swim
- Teach my children the beauty of a handwritten letter! #Letter Project
And what happens when I do everything? Well, I happen to love this from Disney’s Tangled..
Rapunzel: I’ve been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it’s not everything I dreamed it would be?
Flynn Rider: It will be.
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then?
Flynn Rider: Well, that’s the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream.
I’ll do just that, find a new dream!